Social Program

The Social Program will include:

  • A Welcoming Party on the evening before the opening day of the sessions.
  • A Social Program for accompanying Persons.
  • 2 full day tours to local places of beauty and interests.

Abbasi Hotel

Abbasi Hotel is the oldest hotel on Chaharbagh Abbasi Avenue, Isfahan, Iran, Asia, an unrepeatable heritage in Isfahan architectural style, from the glorious Safavid era. Abbasi Hotel, now a 300-year-old building in the heart of the city Isfahan, a museum referred to as “Nesf-e-Jahan” (meaning half of the world), a monument which as local and international tourists, historians, leading architects and professional tourists claim, carries the nickname “The world’s most beautiful hotel”.

Isfahan

Isfahan is located on the main north–south and east–west routes crossing Iran, and was once one of the largest cities in the world. It flourished from 1050 to 1722, particularly in the 16th and 17th centuries under the Safavid dynasty, when it became the capital of Persia for the second time in its history. Even today, the city retains much of its past glory. It is famous for its Persian–Islamic architecture, with many beautiful boulevards, covered bridges, palaces, mosques, and minarets. This led to the Persian proverb “Esfahān nesf-e- jahān ast” (Isfahan is half of the world).

The Naghsh-e Jahan Square in Isfahan is one of the largest city squares in the world. It has been designated by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site. The city also has a wide variety of historic monuments and is known for the paintings, history and architecture. This square is an open place, 518 meters long, which was laid out by Shah Abbas Ⅰ.

During the rule of Safavid dynasty this square was the special place for playing polo and performing other artistic shows. Its southern and northern gates are still standing. There are several monuments around this square which are precious samples of Iranian architecture and civilization.

Shiraz

Shiraz is located in the southwest of Iran on the “Roodkhaneye Khoshk” (The Dry River) seasonal river. It has a moderate climate and has been a regional trade center for over a thousand years. Shiraz is one of the oldest cities of ancient Persia.

In the 13th century, Shiraz became a leading center of the arts and letters, due to the encouragement of its ruler and the presence of many Persian scholars and artists. It was the capital of Persia during the Zand dynasty from 1750 until 1800. Two famous poets of Iran, Hafez and Sa’adi, are from Shiraz, whose tombs are on the north side of the current city boundaries.

Shiraz is known as the city of poets, literature, wine (despite Iran being an Islamic republic), and flowers. It is also considered by many Iranians to be the city of gardens, due to the many gardens and fruit trees that can be seen in the city, such as Eram Garden which is well known for its beautiful cypresses and Delgosha Garden which is famous for its great orangery.

Tombs of Hafez and Sa’adi

Tombs of these two Iranian poets are located in two pleasant gardens in Shiraz named as Hafezieh and Sa’adieh. The works of these two eloquent poets can be found in all Iranian houses.

Persepolis

Perspolis, 52 km far from Shiraz, is the name of one of the ancient cities of Iran that consistently over the years was the magnificent and ceremonial capital of Iran kingdom during the Achaemenid Empire.
In this ancient city there exists a building called Perspolis (Takht-e-Jamshid) which is constructed during the reign of Darius, Xerxes (New-Persian Khashayar, more currectly, khašāyāršā), and Artaxerxes I (Ardeshir I), and for about 50 years was the center for ritual ceremonies, especially Nowruz. The founder of this huge complex (Perspolis) was Darius the Great, most of the available information about the history and culture of the Acaemenid is due to the stone inscriptions which are engraved on the walls and tiles of the palace. The full extent of Perspolis (Takht-e-Jamshid) palaces is 125 thousand square meters.
This complex has been recorded in the list of Iran’s Historical Works in the UNESCO Global Heritage from 1979.